As the first post of this new site, I’m going to use this “hidden” post as a collection of useful snippets and information relating to the site.
Tasks to Do
- Add GA - For tracking the non-existant visitors
- Title /= Meta-Title - With my Theme a long title doesn’t look good, but the SEO in me wants to optimize this site none-the-less so I have to do this.
- Schema - While I’m at it, I might as well add some structured schema
- Table of Contents - Should be an interesting challenge on adding a useful ToC with a static site
- WebP images - Need to make sure it’s fast
- Comment System - As with the ToC adding a comment system to a static site should be an interesting challenge.
- CMS? - See if there’s a better way to handle the content then endless Markdown files.
- Add Clients & Projects Page - Self-explanitory
- Better DNS Management
The above list will likely grow, but I won’t necessarily update this page.
Currently the header images are 1160 x 580 pixels.
Code for Images
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. — Edward Everett Hale
Useful Ruby Codes
Build and Run bundle exec jekyll serve